Friday 19 July 2013

Nomadic and de-notified – a big question to equality

Last working day of the week brings a sense of joy and when you realize that half day is already gone then the minds starts gearing up for the party. I was sitting at my thia (indori name for hangout place) having a cup of hot tea discussing on some random topics. I noticed a woman around 60 years showing snakes to the persons for money. She was a snake charmer and as she approached towards me I just said that “agar police ne dekha to tumhe jail ho jayegi” (if police find you then you will be in jail) and she gave flat answer “to kya kare koi aur rasta bhi nahi hai” *(what to do, there is no way out). As most of us knows about the government programs regarding protection of snake in which they give charmer a handsome amount if they submit the snake without taking out his poison glands. So I suggested the way and she revealed that she gets only 30 Rs. for giving the snake and there is huge risk involved in it. If the doctor is not present then she has to take the poisonous snake back to home and bring him tomorrow. It is really risky as the kids are quite used to checking the boxes of snakes and one small error can put their child at risk.

As she was explaining her conditions I just reminded Franklin Templeton Investments partnered the TEDxGateway Mumbai in December 2012.  I watch the video of Mittal patel whose link is -http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w8cZ2iJARPM

Honestly speaking I was forgotten the video but the predicament of that grey hair lady shaken me completely. She was not willing to do the job but she was not having any job. I called at Indore Zoo and enquired about the rates offered against the snake but they did not give me right answer. The lady left as I was busy in call (thanks to my friend for giving her some money from my behalf) but she left the question in my head - why the right of equality is not practiced in the India.  

De-notified and nomadic tribes are also humans and if you are allowing dance bars on the grounds that they know only dancing and they can earn through it then why not these snake charmers. They are also a part of the society and seriously it’s a shame to live in the country where the fundamentals rights are violated in such manner. Before lokpal, before FDI, we must have to fix these issues as well. They are also Indians and they have the rights to enjoy the privileges enjoyed by us.


I would keep on blogging to ameliorate the condition of such tribes and Mittal Patel gods bless you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment