Friday 2 January 2015

A Rendezvous With The Past


Source
Last night was a special night for me. It brought me closer to myself. It was just like other night till I met him. He texted me while I was having my evening snack and that is when we agreed to get together for the dinner. The night seemed dark and chilly winds’ chase could be heard right out of the window. I still got out of my house and came back with a monk, an old monk. I lied on the sofa and closed my eyes. Someone was knocking on my conscience and I greeted him with a smile. Tonight I was having a Rendezvous With The Past.

The evening started with a smooth and normal stuff that has happened in the past. I made him comfortable with what has changed in me and life and he patiently listened to it. He was a patient listener and was trying to catch up with the present me. We walked through the date lane and they got shadier as we proceeded. He kept his hand on my shoulder and told me “I know the path from here, let me guide you through.

We approached a wrecked up structure and stood there. He asked “Do you remember what it is? He then bent down and picked up a withered rose. I immediately knew what it was; it was wreckage of my relationship. You know you both looked great but without each other, he said jokingly. He took me to the whole wrecked block and pointed to different memories of the endearment. As we were about to reach a different memory lane, he stopped and told me “You have to let go individuals and their memories. Holding onto those is inflicting pain on you. Everyone comes in your life for a reason and lesson. You cannot go through that chapter again and in the same way you cannot close a chapter before you have learned out of it. Letting go is not easy but sticking to it for eternity is not intelligence.”

Just before we changed the block he told me “Let’s cheer you up a little big boy”. We crossed the lane and there we were in a glittery and lively place. He asked “Do you know what it is?”  I recognized a poster that on one of the structures and immediately identified that it was the same poster that I had in my hostel room. I exclaimed “These are my college memories”. “Even better” he said, “these are memories of your friends”. I was awestruck and felt great walking through that block. “Those were great times of your life, right?” I nodded in agreement. “You know they came in your life to give these best times to you. You have these awesome memories with them because you welcomed them into your life. You got to know a fact that friendship is not always easy to maintain. You have to welcome others too, as you progress in your life to make more such kind of awesome memories.”

Then we again treaded on the path of memory lane and soon we found ourselves standing in front of an amusement park. “That’s you childhood”, he said. I was ecstatic walking through the memories of my childhood. It was a treat for me to relive those times in form of memories. Again we reached the end and I turned to him to know his take on this. He smiled and spoke “When we are kids, we find everything amusing but as we grow up we lose interest and everything appears dull. It is not because the world has become less amusing, it is because you have become less curious. Always welcome, accept, argue and learn about the things with the same energy and same enthusiasm that you had when you were a child. Always grow up not down.

I was pretty tired after so many new routes to the memory lane but he said this is the last that he wants me to see. As I entered that area, I felt a little calmer and wasn't tired anymore. The felt so serene and peaceful to be there, that I didn't came to know when my cheek got wet. He smiled and kept a hand on my shoulder and said “No matter what happens in your life. No matter who comes and goes or how much stress or tension you have. “You will always find peace with the family. Family will always be there for you, through your thick and thin, through your joy and sorrow. Never leave them because how you need them the same way they also need you.

He was really a man of his words. He departed after that without a good bye and I was there lying on my couch. It took a little time for this experience to sink in. I got up from the couch and called my mum and dad spoke to them for few minutes then spoke to my sister and brother and will be visiting them soon. That experience changed me a little. I hope this post would have touched you too.

Source


Share your views about the post using the comment section below. 

2 comments: