Friday 23 January 2015

Cupid Circuit


Via- https://www.indiblogger.in/happyhours/cupid-games-2015/#submission_requirements
Love is something that can make your world go round. It is indeed one of the purest emotions and one of the most complicated ones. As Valentine’s Day is approaching people are busy trying to find ways to woo their partner and looking for that one perfect surprise for their better half. I remember my first valentine day with my sweetheart. I was frantically searching for that one gift, that one surprise which could sweep her off her feet. I hadn’t officially proposed her and this was a perfect time.

I visited local market and checked almost every gift shop in my area. As I was a college student that time, budget was the main constraint for me. I used to take tuitions of few students to bear my own expenses. I had little savings from the tuition fee that I collected. My budget was 500 bucks and couldn’t go a penny more than that. It was the top end of the amount I was willing to shell.

I considered various options from greeting cards to printed mugs to some imitation jewelry but could not settle on anyone. They were missing that appeal that I needed. I was pondering over the thought of what to gift my girl and nothing seemed to work for the proposal.
I was sitting alone on a road side stand having cup of tea and that is when I found eureka moment. From the first sip to last, I planned my perfect proposal.

I am an engineer and my branch was Electronics and Communication. I knew how to make small programs and robots. I made a small valentine project for her. I immediately bought an LCD, few LED bulbs, switches and connecting wires.

I already had an Arduino and was okay in using it for her. We met on Valentine’s Day and I introduced her to the surprise. The LCD was displaying few sweet words and then there were few questions, which needed to be answered in yes or no. She was astonished and was excited to know where these questions would take her. She reached the second last question. As soon she answered that the LEDs glowed forming the shape of a heart and on the display there was this one thing displayed “I love you, will you be my valentine”.

She was touched and tears rolled down her cheek and she nodded her headed saying “I love you too and yes I would love to be your valentine”. I said “Answer it there”, pointing towards the surprise. She pressed the switch for yes and her favorite song started playing.
I played guitar for her and she patiently listened to it and then we chatted and munched on the chips and the coke that I had bought with the left amount.

Sometimes to woo your loved one the only thing you need is a thought and will to execute it.


Hope you all sweep your valentine off their feet on this Valentine’s Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment