Wednesday 21 January 2015

Litterbugs- Are They Aliens Or We Are ?


Via- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-W8TJ3chXg
Keeping our country clean is a hot topic these days and in every week or two, we come across snaps or news of someone posing with a broom and a clean spot. In the chain of these moments for cleaner India, I came across a unique term Litterbug. The characteristics of this bug was similar to that of normal human being but wait there is a small difference between them and the normal humans, their mind was controlled by a bug.

I guess they are alien beings from some sci-fi movies like MIB (Men in Black) where a healthy society means stinky ones. I do not know from where these alien beings descended. I guess the planet from where they descended must be Saturn. When Saturn could not accommodate the litter, it ended up having the litter ring around itself.

Well Litterbug is pretty much like a bookworm. The way bookworm loves books in the same way a Litterbug loves litter or littering to be slightly more specific. You can locate this species anywhere in India. They are united by a cause and if I were to pick a cause for which India has united in such big numbers after independence then it has to be this one.

Litterbugs are very generous and path guiding. They would litter a clean place first, which shows their leadership skills and then all the low ranked (hesitant Litterbugs) would join the force and litter the place whole-heartedly.

Via- http://powerpuff.wikia.com/wiki/Roach_Coach
I looked for these species after I heard the phrase The Great Indian Litterbug. I spotted one quite quickly. I was waiting for the traffic light to turn green and that is when something caught my attention as I gazed through the crowd of motorists. It was a man with a broom. I saw his body turning stiff and expressions on his face became intense. I feared something happening that should only happen behind the walls of the bedroom or washroom but no he was going to do something artistic. He spat on the wall and left his mark of presence there. Soon after a man, standing next to him did the same. I guess they both brushed their invisible tentacles and passed the information to each other that this is the place to litter.

From that time on, I have seen more human with Litterbug characteristics than the one with normal human. It led me to believe may be we are from some other planet and have intruded into the basic lifestyle of these Litterbugs and troubling them.

I guess my alien instincts to keep my home and my surrounding clean will always be there and would hinder me from joining the force of the great Indian Litterbug. Now you check for yourself, which side you are supporting. Are you a bug sorry the great Indian Litterbug or just another face trying to keep India and society cleaner.



No comments:

Post a Comment