Monday 5 January 2015

Logical Arguement


Last weekend I was discussing about some of the random issues with my friend and somewhere I used the word तर्क. He was weak in Hindi and didn’t know what तर्क was. Well the definition that I gave to him was “तर्क is the logical truth. Although he did not have any issues with the definition but it was me who got a little intrigued by my own definition. I spent some time brooding over the thought of the logical truth.

I was a little fearful to be honest to be dealing with the three words, which are truth, logic and तर्क. I tried to wrestle with them one by one and then coming up with a clear meaning of my own statement.

The first word that I took was Truth. Well many relate this word to spirituality while many relate to correctness and accuracy. The sketch that drew for the truth through the absurd (or might be correct) definition of individuals was that it depends on the individuals who define it. Some say following the path of righteousness is the ultimate truth; while some say truth is feeling happy while who indulge in masochism concludes pain is truth. Well all these points are somewhat true. Actually truth is accepting whatever this life offers. It is not accepting what is wrong but it is accepting the outcome. Accepting the outcome of any action, whether it is right or wrong or any other. Denial of the outcome can never be a form of truth.

Logic is the second word I tried dealing with. Being an engineer and love that I had for physics gave me a different perspective to the word logic. For me logic was something that I used to apply to get to the answers. And the answers that we get after solving an equation are not lies. They are the logically derived truth. Logic meant to me as working towards a problem and finding out legitimate and accepted truth.

Now the word from where this thought of 3 words came into my mind. तर्क became a little clearer. It is the argument comprised of all the logical points to attain the truth that is accepted by all. It is like an effort towards a common solution. तर्क is the argument derived from the much contemplating of the thoughts. It is an important stage in achieving that logical truth. तर्क is always a healthy argument because an unhealthy argument is always a denial and always aimed at proving oneself right.

Let us all practice तर्क and work our way out of the problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment